Pictured Left to Right:Jordyn Hoesman, Olivia Nairn, Kara Tepen, Zach Tepen, Collin Walter
The Jersey Community Hospital Foundation, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, has awarded nine
The JCH Foundation held an open house for the 2016 recipients of the Foundation’s Medical Education Scholarship on Tuesday, July 19, 2016. The recipients include:
· Alex Bertman, a Jersey Community High School graduate, seeking a degree in Physical Therapy from Maryville University
· Jordyn Hoesman, a North Greene High School graduate, seeking a degree in Speech Pathology from Southern Illinois University Carbondale
· Laura Kirbach, a Jersey Community High School graduate, seeking a degree in Nursing from Chamberlin College of Nursing
· Olivia Nairn, a Jersey Community High School graduate, seeking a Nursing degree from Illinois State University
· Kara Tepen, a Carrollton High School graduate, seeking a degree in Physical Therapy from Maryville University
· Margaret Tepen, a Jersey Community High School graduate, seeking a degree in Nursing from Southeast Missouri State University
· Zach Tepen, a Carrollton High School graduate, seeking a degree as a Physician Assistant from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
· Abigail Tonsor, a Jerseyville Community High School graduate, seeking a Nursing degree from Quincy University
· Collin Walter, a Southwestern High School graduate, seeking a Pre-Med degree from Illinois College.
The JCH Foundation’s Medical Education Scholarship program began in the late 1990’s after the estates of Cleon and Beulah Palmer and of Robert and Dorothy Gledhill were left to Jersey Community Hospital to create the scholarship program. Additional funds for the Scholarship program have been raised over the years by donations received at the annual Golf Tournament.
Since the bequests to JCH, 132 students have been awarded the JCH Foundation’s Medical Education Scholarship. Over $237,000 has been distributed to students from the local community through this program with an incentive for the students to return to the tri-county community to use their medical education.
This year’s Golf Tournament will be held on Friday, September 16th at Spencer T. Olin’s Golf Course. The much-anticipated event begins with a barbeque lunch on the pavilion, golfer’s gift bag, cold beverages on the course throughout the day, golfing contests, a Margaritaville stop, Poker Run on the green, and a fun post-tournament evening reception. Please call the JCH Foundation at (618) 498.8392 to register to play, to sponsor a hole, or for further information on the charity event. If you would like to make a donation directly to the Jersey Community Hospital Foundation scholarship program, please visit www.jch.org/donate.