The 26th annual JCH Health Fair is this Friday! We’ll have the coffee on at the Lean Bean at 6 AM, but please have your fasting lab tests done before enjoying the java. In honor of St. Patty’s Day, Lean Bean’s special for the day will be a 16 oz Irish Cream Latte for $1.99. So come, get your tests done, and enjoy some coffee and conversation with friends! Learn more about the Health Fair and available tests now.
The New ER+ Opening in April!
Finally, we have word from the State of Illinois that the ER is scheduled for occupancy inspection! We notified the Illinois Department of Public Health on January 3rd that phase one was complete and ready to be used, then sat here and not-so-patiently waited.
According to the project’s architect John Shortal, who received a call from the state on Monday, we will be getting our long-awaited visit from the state during the last week of March. After that, we’ll be ready to move from the present ER into our new facility during the first week of April.
The move to the new ER will signal a series of changes that we want you to be aware of:
- The new “front door” of the ER and Admissions faces Maple Summit, next to the Business Office/Gift Shop entry. We’ll make sure that signage is clear and helpful.
- Temporarily, we’ll lose the patient entry to the north, using the new canopy only for ambulances and the super urgent.
- The old admissions area and ER will be shuttered for remodeling.
- The original outside walls of the ER will be removed to make way for a large and efficient Nurses Station, giving staff visual access to each of the fourteen rooms.
- With the delay from the State, we are now expecting a final completion date in June.
New Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Tom Bilko
Also in June, Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Tom Bilko, will be joining IMA. Dr. Bilko is a Pennsylvania native and will bring a complete line of orthopedics to the community, with a focus on total joints and scopes. He also has a strong background in Sports Medicine. Dr. Bilko and his wife Cindy are currently house-hunting in and around Jerseyville. He will have his office at the Jerseyville IMA building and practice full time here.
Hope you’re enjoying this week’s preview of summer!